Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Serious Consequences if You Shoot the Dog

I am torn. For the most part, I don't care for political humor. I have my opinions, everyone else has theirs, and while making light of other people's opinions is really quite hysterical, making fun of my opinions is a really lousy and unforgivable thing to do. I'm almost certain you understand my point of view here, and maybe even would go so far as to agree.

While I don't necessarily care for political humor, (for the previously stated reason), I have found myself drawn to Comedy Central's "The Daily Show". I even went so far as to purchase the book America - A Citizens Guide to Democracy Inaction and at several points found myself not only reading it, (Yes. The words, not just the pictures...) but nearly falling into apoplexy from laughter. The writing is hysterical and otherwise I really enjoyed it.

Now that I have covered that as background, I am still torn. You see, I am one of those people who feel the definition of gun control means using two hands. So when I saw this video done by Nate Corddry called "Bye Bye Birdie", (scroll down the page to the video Bye Bye Birdie), I nearly lost control. This is the funniest video I have ever seen. My shirt was soaking wet from wiping the tears from my eyes, I was laughing so hard. Yes, it makes fun of hunters and NRA types, but with even the slightest of open minds, this was no less than hysterical. I hope you watch it and enjoy...

No comments: